- This event has passed.
WOFAPS Web Meetings : Chest Wall Masses in Children
November 1, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You are invited to join in this free web meeting
brought to you by WOFAPS and IPSO
1 November 2016 Tuesday
Chest Wall Masses in Children by Dr. Sajid S Qureshi
How to join the free web meeting:
Time: New York 8:00, Washington DC 8:00, London 12:00, South Africa 14:00, Doha 15:00, New Delhi 17:30, Hong Kong 20:00, Tokyo 21:00, Sydney 23:00
1) Click on the link http://meeting.uct.ac.za/wofaps/
2) When you are prompted during logging in, please choose “Enter as a guest” and write your name and surname, then click enter room.
3) When next window opens, click “request entry” (Please note there may be a time difference in your country !! We will open the meeting website 30 minutes before for you to log in. Remember to test your connection before the meeting; details are below. You can convert the above times to your local time by clicking here.
Test your connection: http://meeting.uct.ac.za/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview
Dr. Sajid Qureshi
Professor- Pediatric Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Centre, Bombay.
Executive Committee Member, International Society of Pediatric Surgical Oncology (IPSO)
Visiting Clinician Fellowship:
Pediatric Surgical Oncology, Emma Children Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Pediatric Surgical Oncology, Memorial Sloans-Kettering Cancer Center, New York. USA
Pediatric Surgical Oncology, St Jude Hospital & Research Centre, Memphis, USA
Pediatric Surgical Oncology, Children’s Hospital, Boston, USA
Publications: more than 70 in National & International Journals: (selected 10)
1. Qureshi SS, Rent EG, Bhagat M, et al. Chyle leak following surgery for abdominal neuroblastoma. J Pediatr Surg. 2015 Nov 10
2. Qureshi SS, Kembhavi S, Ramadwar M, et al. Outcome and morbidity of surgical resection of primary cervical and cervicothoracic neuroblastoma in children: a comparative analysis. Pediatr Surg Int. 2014 Mar;30(3):267-73.
3. Qureshi SS, Patil VP. Feasibility and safety of thoracoabdominal approach in children for resection of upper abdominal neuroblastoma. J Pediatr Surg. 2012 Apr;47(4):694-9.
4. Qureshi SS, Laskar S, Kembhavi S, et al. Extraskeletal Ewing sarcoma in children and adolescents: impact of narrow but negative surgical margin. Pediatr Surg Int. 2013 Dec;29(12):1303-9.
5. Qureshi SS, Bhagat M. Non-rhabdomyosarcoma soft-tissue sarcomas in children: Contemporary appraisal and experience from a single centre.J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg. 2015 Oct-Dec;20(4):165-9.
6. Qureshi SS, Bhagat M, Kembhavi S et al. Benign liver tumors in children: outcomes after resection. Pediatr Surg Int. 2015 Dec;31
7. Qureshi SS, Bhagat M, Kembhavi S, Vora T, Ramadwar M, Talole S. PRETEXT II-III multifocal hepatoblastoma: significance of resection of satellite lesions irrespective of their disappearance after chemotherapy. Pediatr Surg Int. 2015 Jun;31(6):573-9.
8. Qureshi SS, Bhagat M, Laskar S et al. Local therapy in non-metastatic primary Ewing sarcoma of the mandible and maxilla in children. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016 Aug;45(8):938-44.
9. Qureshi SS, Kembhavi S, Bhagat M et al. Primary non-metastatic Ewing sarcoma of the jaw in children: results of surgical resection and primary reconstruction. J Surg Oncol. 2014 Nov;110(6):689-95.
10. Qureshi SS, Bhagat M, Singhal N, et al. Clinical characteristics and treatment outcomes of primary and recurrent malignancy involving the salivary glands in children. Head Neck. 2016 Jun;38(6):852-6.
Wilms tumor. Postgraduate textbook of Pediatric
Pediatric Pancreatic Tumors. Surgery of Pancreatic Tumours. BI Publications.
Soft tissue sarcomas in children. IAP Text book of Pediatrics. Jaypee, New Delhi, pg 895-901, 2009. ISBN No. 978-81-8448-580-6.
Remnant Pancreas Management after Pancreaticoduodenectomy. Surgery of Pancreatic Tumours. BI Publications.
Neonatal Liver tumors. Post graduate Text book.
Awards and Honors
Awarded the Lerner Family Foundation Developing Countries Travel award for attending ANR 2016, Cairns, Australia
Awarded the International Outreach Fellowship for training in Pediatric Surgical Oncology at the St Jude Hospital, Memphis. USA.
Awarded the ICRETT Fellowship 2005 for training in Pediatric Surgical Oncology at the Memorial Sloans-Kettering Cancer Center. New York. USA.
Awarded International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP) scholarship for attending The XXXVIII Annual World Congress in Geneva, Switzerland in Sep’2006
Dr V G Kale Gold Medal in Anatomy. Dharwad University. Karnataka.
Best Papers. MASICON 2004, ASICON 2006, RGCON 2011, IASO 2014 etc.
Current Projects at Tata Memorial Hospital.
PET-CT Scan in staging of Pediatric round cell tumors (neuroblastoma and rhabdomyosarcoma).
Pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenomics of 13-cis isoretinoic in high risk NB
Customized approach for treatment of Wilms tumor.
Low-cost orbital implants for children with Retinoblastoma.
Translation and validation of PedQL 3.0 Cancer module into Indian Language (Marathi and Hindi) to study quality of life of pediatric solid tumor patients from a teriary care cancer centre.
Standardization and validation of protocols for long and short term storage of biological materials in tissue repository.